This tour is about taking a tour of some places where Bengali Authors of yesteryears created their timeless work on Bengali literature.
We will start with Pataldanga which was the area which served as the backdrop of Narayan Gangopadhyay's immortal charecter Tenida.
Walking down the Mahatma Gandhi Road we will come across that famous Boarding house where once upon a time Novelist Saradindu Bandopadhyay and Poet Jibananda Das used to stay. Saradindu is said to have come up with the concept of Ajit's Mess staying at this place only. Even Dibakar Banerjee adopted Ajit's Mess in his film from this house only.
We walk upto College Street crossing, get up on a tram and then get down near Bina Cinema Hall. Here inside a narrow bylane of Mahatma Gandhi Road is that mess, where Sibram Chakarborty used to stay. The room where Sibram stayed still exists, with a phone number on the wall written by Sibram himself.
Then we walk down the College street and pass by following locations :-
1. Sadharan Brahmo Samaj
2. Location of Bharat Sangeet Samaj (1900) – writer of ‘Bangsha Parichay’ - Gyanendra Nath Kumar published three magazines from this house Prajapati, Majlish and Srirampur
3. House where Upendar kishore stayed for 10 years after his marriage. Sukumar Roy was born in this house. Presently the house does not exists. Instead there is a shopping mall
4. House of popular children’s writer Kulada Ranjan Roychowdhury’s house
5. Upendrakishore Roychowdhury’s second house in the locality
6. Location of Bangadarshan Magazine’s office. Bankim Chandra wrote Aananda Math in this magazine
7. House of Poet Dwijendralal Roy
8. Swami Vivekananda’s House and Vivekananda Museuem on Bidhan Sarani
A Bottle of Water
Tickets (If Any)