As the title of this post suggests, this article of mine is about few places of Raipur which I think you should Visit. I am sure, if you visit this places you will get a rough idea about what Raipur stands for.
I am recommending the following places based on my recent visit to Raipur due to Professional and Personal Commitments. As a Traveler I have made a promise to myself I will visit at least one location every 3 months which doesn’t fall under normal travel route and Raipur was first in my list.
So Here’s my list of 7 Best places to visit in Raipur:
- Ola cabs ( My recommendation)
- Hire a Private Car
- Public Transportation (Do not depend on these)
- Rent a Scooter (Try Rentrip.in)
- Go for Veg Foods (You will find Plenty)
- If you are Non-Veg like me,try to opt for Veg for few days (Trust Me)
Places of Visit:
- Jungle Safari Naya Raipur (Closed on Monday)
- Marine Drive
- Gurudwara Dhan Dhan Baba
- St.Joseph’s Church
- St.Paul’s Cathedral
- Ram Mandir
- Mahant Ghasidas Sangrahalaya
Apart from these you may also decide other places such as,
- Ghadi Chowk (If you wish to visit the local markets)
- Banarasi Pan Mandir (Some says,The best pan shop in Raipur)
Now, It is not mandatory for you to like all the above mentioned location and I myself didn’t find few of those interesting.
I have tried to shared my view about some of those in the below mentioned Videos. Do check out those and share your valuable comments about the same there.
Jungle Safari Naya Raipur
Best Month for Visit:The best month would always be from October to February as in Summer The temperature can rise upto 40 degrees
Best Hotel Locations:You should ideally look for hotels near Raipur railway station to get the cheaper and best prices.
P.S:If you are coming to Raipur by Air,Then look for the Govt buses which is there in Raipur airport so cut down your cost.you will find scheduled AC buses from Airport to main City as airport is almost 30 Km out of the city.
Author: Deepayan Roy
There’s so much to share within so little space.