Are you a Biryani Lover? or do you wish to try nawabi cuisine? Then ‘Royal Indian Hotel’ is a must visit place for you. Not only biryanis but overall the taste of nawabi cuisine will get you attracted to this place.
Birth Of Royal
In 1905, when Lord Curzon was busy dividing Bengal, a person called Ahmed Hussain(from Lucknow) landed in bengal. Having some interest in cooking, he thought of running a restaurant. So from Raja Rajendra Mullick of Marble Palace, he took the ground floor for rent where presently the restaurant is situated. This is how the restaurant Royal was born, now for four generations this restaurant is going on and growing day by day. For so many years, the taste and the quality has remained the same and still continues to satisfy
Why The Name Royal
They use only cardamom and clove to make biryani, No cinnamon or other spices are used for cooking the biryani, just to give the special flavor the touch of Saffron does the rest. So, might be this is the reason why the name Royal took place.
Some Interesting Facts
- Late Abdur Rahim Saab used to cook for Nawabs, that same recipe was handed to the generations after. That same delicacy is still continuing.
- Biryani was not so famous in this restaurant in the beginning, it is only after Independence the biryani started to gain popularity among the people.
- One of The Legend Of Indian Cinema, Uttam Kumar was fond of Royal’s Biryani.
- The World Famous Film Director Satyajit Ray was fond of Mutton Chap.
- The Prince Of Calcutta, Sourav Ganguly preferred the Chicken Biryani here.
The Food To Taste
- Chicken Biryani
- Mutton Biryani
- Mutton Chap (with Rumali Roti)
- Mutton Keema
- Chicken Chap (with Rumali Roti)
- Mutton Tikia Kebab
- Chicken Reshmi Kebab/Malai Kebab
- Mutton Boti Kebab
Some Important Infomations
- Throughout The Week The Shop Is Open
- Timings: Monday To Friday ( 10:00 AM to 11:30 PM)
- Address: 147, Rabindra Sarani, Bortola, Barabazar Market, Kolkata, West Bengal 700073
- Contact Number: 099033 69147
So for all the foodies and not so foodies out there, if you are staying in Kolkata or visiting Kolkata then do not forget to drop by this restaurant. Each and every item will satisfy your tummy and the taste will remain for long in your taste buds.